Sunday 31 July 2011

Without Buganda, Uganda is useless to me. As simple as that

Hello Ugandans,
It is my right to choose what is best for me. I have never benefited from this arrangement called Uganda.  Uganda has never given me anything apart from a passport. I'm soon going to post my Uganda passport to Rwabyomere. After all I'm not using it. That is the only thing of yours that I have ever had.  All you have offered to me and my tribe is violence, hatred, Ganda-phobia and robbery. My relationship with Uganda is clearly defined in the conditions which we signed in 1962.

You robbed Buganda's house and turned it into your embassy, you occupied our palaces after 1966, you robbed everything that our grandparents worked for, and above all, you committed naked rapes against our people holding them at AK47-point. Tell me why I should be proud of being a Ugandan? Forming this thing called Uganda was as a result of naked-rapes and other grotesque violation of our rights and dignity. You use the Lubiri as a rape and torture centre.

If you are going to sell this thing called Uganda to me, you need to find another selling point and that is federal Simple.

What is more important to me and my fellow Baganda? Is it the artificial identity called Uganda or my natural identity of being a Muganda? If you use AK47 to force me into Uganda and then undermine my natural identity, do you think that you will succeed in keeping me captive?
 If Museveni dare abolish Buganda, undermine our identity, Kabaka and culture, believe me, you will have to kill us all if you are to succeed. This is the biggest mistake which Mengo did. We should not have joined this arrangement called Uganda because we have different cultures and values with the people that we joined. They do not have the same cultures and traditions as us. And such, you do not understand what we stand for. The earlier Uganda adopts a federal system of government the better. Otherwise, we might very soon see another wave of people asking us "Wapi Njia Ya Nakapiripiti"

RICHARD MUKASA
LONDON

1 comment:

  1. I don't think Richard Mukasa is serious about what he is saying.That is according to him only and his friends who have the same cheap thinking that Buganda should have meant Uganda forgeting that Buganda covers a very small fraction of Uganda. There are other Ugandans who do not want to hear anything about your lovely Buganda as they are aiming at development. To develop Uganda but not Buganda only as you think. your eyes look as far as your noise ssebo. Stay in London and let others who need to do something on Uganda soil do it. You talk about yourself and London thanks.

    ReplyDelete